Friday, February 11, 2011

A night that flowed like Poetry.

Last night I had a much needed absolute BLAST!  I started out at a good friend Azure’s “Love” event, which consisted of art, spoken word and music at a swanky lil LA spot called M. Bar. Good vibes always circulate the events that she throws and I am always honored to attend. If you aren’t familiar with this woman's work then I suggest that you GET familiar and peep her poetry on youtube.  She simply reeks of awesomeness!:)

Ms. Azure Antoinette pictured on the left.

I then rushed down the street and around the corner to my girl Rebecca’s birthday celebration at “La Descarga”. Let me tell you, this place is incredible! From the outside the little neon sign deceives you as it may appear to be just another hole in the wall. However, inside is a whole different story, the ambiance is that of an old club in Havana, Cuba. They have a live salsa band that plays every hour on the hour accompanied by a burlesque dancer that not only seductively shakes her way through the crowd while engaging in casual flirting with everyone, but also plays with fire while dancing on top of the bar.  The band is amazing as they are able to engage with everyone due to the intimate atmosphere. The cigar and specialty rum room in the back was cool if you like to smoke or don’t mind the smell of cigars. Their drink menu is off the charts as their worldly bartenders are ranked top in the nation. They create their own drinks and my fave was “el Otoño”, which means Autumn in Spanish. It was garnished with cucumbers and quite possibly the most refreshing alcoholic beverage I have ever had. The staff was also a pleasure to be around. Vibes were good as this wasn't your typical LA night life spot! Lets hope it stays that way for a while! I Definitely recommend this place if you enjoy experiencing culture and having good times. Make your reservations, this place is VERY UPSCALE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment